Thursday, October 11, 2012

{Someone help the Nurse!}

I started off by waking up at 0500 to my dogs barking! Soon after, I got to work to take an exam (the second time). I am currently at a new place of employment that requires their nurses to take an exam testing their critical thinking skills based on their specific field (med/surg, pedi, ICU, etc.), and it is graded by pass or fail. I failed. :( However, I hope that this time around I passed. I then went and had a great lunch date with a very good friend of mine, Sara. We've been friends for 6 years now and started our nursing journey together.





{This picture was taken on our last day of LVN school in 2006 with my friend Sara & Margaret.}

   


Today's lunch date also included Sara's little baby girl, cutie-pa'tootie, Kyra. 
She is such a joy! I love her sweet face and the purity in her eyes. 
I got her to smile when I said, "Kyra's a pretty baby!"
Thank you for a great lunch, Sara. I love you, girl!


{I love looking up as it reminds me God is still sitting on the Throne.}

Following lunch, I went home to spend some time with my husband over some Pinkberry yogurt before he left for work. Shortly after, I went to see one of my cousin, Alex's football game. The weather was amazing, and the sky was just the same. 

After the game, and after Pilates class, I picked up Chinese to make it in time for the Vice Presidential Debate. I was very disappointed with Biden's verbal and non-verbal communication, and found it to be grotesque in his reply to national security/terrorist attacks, the countries debt, job decline, healthcare, and women's rights. 

Needless to say, I get really frazzled, upset, and frustrated at the thought of this country in the hands of President Obama. After I saw a post from a friend on Facebook yesterday on Obamacare's micro-chipping, I did some research and found that if he takes office for another term, he plans of putting this into action next March 2013. To add to my emotions, I heard about the little 14 year old Pakistan girl who was shot in the head for her beliefs on education. I cried myself to sleep praying for her. This little girl just wants girls in her country to have the freedom to be educated, and here I am in school & a nurse...and I cannot help her. As I pondered on the issues of micro-chipping and the little girl, I began to wonder if Americans are microchipped aren't we just the same as that little girl? Would we really have our freedom? In a sense, we end up the same - with our government monitoring our every move. Is that freedom? Our President wants to concern himself with women's rights and tell us that he want to give us the freedom to do what we want with our body, but we must all get microchipped so he and who knows who else can keep track of us? Someone help the nurse! This sounds ludicrous! I don't know if this is going to happen for sure or not, but it should make you think. In fact, in Revelations 13:16 it talks about the mark of the beast. I know one thing is for sure, Jesus will return, and my hope is in HIM. 

{RFID - Obamacare microchip}

 I've been doing a lot of praying these days as this election approaches, and while driving home a song came on the radio that gave me the peace I needed. Here are the words:

"I've got this blessed assurance holding me. All I know is I'm not home yet, this is not where I belong. Take this life and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong." ~ Kutless

 ♥ Paloma Blanca 

No comments:

Post a Comment